Invitation to participate in #Sharonathome2020
The Sharon Historical Society & Museum (SHS) invites you to share images about how your life has changed during this unique time in our history.
You may submit up to five (5) images as digital files to the email address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the following information for each image.
Additional details/comments if available: (e.g. location, date, subject matter, identity of the people in the image, why this image is significant for you).
In the event SHS posts or publishes any of your images, do you consent to be identified as the author: Yes/No
By submitting your images to the Sharon Historical Society & Museum, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions.
To the best of your knowledge, the information provided for each image is accurate.
The images reflect an aspect of your experience of living or working in the Sharon area during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You are the creator of each of the images. To the extent they depict another work of art, you are either the creator of that work of art or you have the permission of its creator to make this submission.
If an image is of a person known to you, you have obtained that person’s permission to make this submission.
You grant to SHS an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, world-wide license for the period of copyright to store, copy, post, publish, display, and otherwise use the images in furtherance of its mission, and to permit others to do so.
Northlight Art Center 10th Annual Student Show
March 14 through July 1, 2020
Gallery SHS Northlight Prospectus – Download PDF
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
- Artwork may not have been previously exhibited at Gallery SHS and must have been completed within the last year.
- Entry forms are available on the SHS website. Click link to download form or in person at the SHS and must be completely filled out (all sections) and signed. A separate Entry Form is required for each piece of artwork submitted. Artist name and address may be “completed” by affixing printed address label with name and address.
- All media are welcome. All two-dimensional work must be properly framed, securely wired (no saw-tooth), and ready to hang. Artists are reminded that our Gallery space is limited, so we may be unable to accept large art work.
- Submitted works do not have to be for sale, however it is preferred that they are. If the Artist submits more than one piece, at least one must be for sale.
- The SHS will host the opening reception and publicize the show with posters and press releases. Posters will be available for artists to distribute. Please provide a jpeg of at least one of your entries prior to drop off if possible.
- Artists are requested to bring the “Artist’s Receipt” portion of their Entry Form(s) when picking up artwork. As a precaution, any Artist unable to pick up his or her artwork in person may be asked to submit a signed direction letter to the Sharon Historical Society & Museum authorizing release of artwork to another person and instructing SHS where to send any proceeds of sales of the Artist’s work. Any person so authorized, and any Artist not in possession of his or her Artist’s Receipt, may be asked to show a photo ID.
- Download Additional Terms and Conditions. Please be sure to review.
If you have questions, please contact the Gallery Committee at email@example.com or call our office at 860-364-5688.