Northlight Art Center 9th Annual Student Show
Sharon Historical Society & Museum, 18 Main Street, Sharon, CT
March 14 through June 26, 2020
Gallery SHS Northlight Prospectus – Download PDF
- Open to all Northlight Art Center students.
- March 7, 2020 – 9AM to 11AM– Artwork must be dropped off at the SHS (each piece with a completed and signed Entry Form)
- March 14 – Exhibit opens, Artists’ Reception and Cocktail Party (5pm to 7pm)
- May 1 – Exhibit ends
- May 2 – Pickup unsold artwork 10AM to 11AM at the SHS
GUIDELINES FOR ENTRY
- Artwork may not have been previously exhibited at Gallery SHS and must have been completed within the last year.
- Entry forms are available on the SHS website (sharonhist.org > Museum > Exhibiting at the SHS > Entry Form) or in person at the SHS and must be completely filled out (all sections) and signed. A separate Entry Form is required for each piece of artwork submitted. Artist name and address may be “completed” by affixing printed address label with name and address.
- All media are welcome. All two-dimensional work must be properly framed, securely wired (no saw-tooth)and ready to hang. Artists are reminded that our Gallery space is limited, so we may be unable to accept large art work.
- Submitted works do nothave to be for sale, however it is preferred that they are. If the Artist submits more than one piece, at least one must be for sale.
- The SHS will host the opening reception and publicize the show with posters and press releases. Posters will be available for artists to distribute. Please provide a jpeg of at least one of your entries prior to drop off if possible.
- Artists are requested to bring the “Artist’s Receipt” portion of their Entry Form(s) when picking up artwork. As a precaution, any Artist unable to pick up his or her artwork in person may be asked to submit a signed direction letter to the Sharon Historical Society & Museum authorizing release of artwork to another person and instructing SHS where to send any proceeds of sales of the Artist’s work. Any person so authorized, and any Artist not in possession of his or her Artist’s Receipt, may be asked to show a photo ID.
- Download Additional Terms and Conditions. [link to Gallery SHS Terms and Conditions 2020.pdf]. Please be sure to review.
If you have questions, please contact the Gallery Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 860-364-5688.